Saturday, November 20, 2010

merry minerals

{magic rocks}



My Uncle would buy these for me all the time when I was a little girl, it was my favorite!!!

it's still probably one of the coolest things!



{for all to see!}





I REALLY want this!!!

The Candy Shoppe via ETSY...

check out the rest of the shop...they have some really awesome finds!... like the human eye collection and the hours of fun 50 cut outs!



{left to right}




ETSY...
Book See Daisy Vintage Books

Rocks and Minerals and Fossils Book

check out her other shop too...all kinds of wonderful vintage goodies!

{enough said}



Bean Forest; ETSY




{crystal vanity girl}

by: Amber Lynn Seegmiller



Etsy's AMBIRD Crystal Vanity Girl

one of my favorite etsy artists!! I LOVE this so so So much!!

Her art is amazing... so beautiful....I want to hop inside this lovely piece of art and take a little vacation there!
**I love this one too, especially after cutting off over a foot of hair off...http://www.etsy.com/listing/61750132/gotham-chic-the-penguin-5x7-giclee






{get to crackin'}

Jordan Willing's Shop; ETSY ...Hidden Crystals

perfect Christmas gift for all your earthy friends!!

also, a great stress reliever with something pretty inside!

includes...15 geodes from 3 different mines!!... you may find...quartz, fluorite, calcite or even amethyst!!

crack open a geode...send it to me and I'll make you a one-of-a-kind custom piece of jewelry!!!

what more could you ask for??!??






{wearing some rocks...}










I want this!
Semi-precious gemstones and vibrant geodes are taken from a 19th century Germany textbook and transformed into this lovely T.

Thank you, Ernst Haeckel for your beautiful illustrations!!! AND... THANK YOU...


http://www.etsy.com/listing/57344840/minerals-tshirt-science-geology-tee

for this wearable creation!!

Non Fiction Tee's Etsy Shop

check out the rest of their shop for some very unique tees!!


All this rock talk has brought back some lovely memories!
Gemstones, minerals and fossils have always been one of my most favorite things...after all...they ARE among the oldest antiques!
My youth was an abundance of uniqueness. All the women in my imitate family were terrific
artisans and crafters! My character was woven with love, support and art...the best things in life!!
...From my family owning an antique store and constantly touring the US (as a teen) with my Aunt to collect rare finds, to digging through the dirt or along shores for unique "rock" findings... to studying at the Gemological Institute of America in Carlsbad, California... my passion for earthly treasures will forever continue!

I can't wait to see where my passions take me to discover more of earth's rich creations!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for including my rocks and fossil books! I love your other picks. My sons are really into rocks and minerals right now. It's funny because every year for Christmas I wanted a rock tumbler and Santa never brought me one. So I always had a fasionation with rocks too! Now I have two boys to share that with! Thanks again! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome :)
    I love your shop and all the other vintage books!! That's wonderful that your little guys like rocks and minerals...so cute!!
    I love your other etsy shop too, http://www.etsy.com/shop/tracinicole
    so many wonderful goodies!!
    Hope Santa brings you a rock tumbler this year ;)

    ReplyDelete


love

happiness

ya see, it's easy...